Raising the Standards is a ‘life after racing’ program, which offered comprehensive rehabilitation, re-training and outplacement of horses looking for a new life beyond the harness track between May 2009-early 2016.
With a strong following from a wonderful ‘herd’ of public program supporters, over a dozen valued corporate sponsors and ongoing mainstream media interest, Raising the Standards was long regarded as the largest and most successful in-house managed Standardbred outplacement program in Australia (and beyond).
In January 2016 Raising the Standards Founder Nicole Tassone announced a paradigm shift for the Raising the Standards program. The cessation of racehorse outplacement has not meant the end of the Raising the Standards, but rather a renewed focus on education and Standardbred advocacy.
Over the years Raising the Standards has maintained a prominent position in the equine rehabilitation and re-training sectors and is widely considered as the ‘go to’ place for relevant, detailed information, designed to assist people interested in inviting a Standardbred into their family to safely approach the re-training journey from home.
The Raising the Standards program now offers the following services to Standardbred supporters –
* Standardbred Educational Resources which flow seamlessly through the various stages a Standardbred horse will go through during its retraining journey.
* A Standardbred blog deigned to educate, inspire and disseminate information relevant to the Standardbred community.
* Riding lessons and clinic bookings with Raising the Standards Founder Nicole Tassone.
* An invitation to join in on the fun, laughs and learning that takes place via our active Facebook community.
* An affiliate program for fellow equestrian businesses who share our ethos. Please contact us for more information.
*Trainer Nic is also available for further commentary on subjects relating to life after racing, animal welfare and equestrianism. Please contact her for more information.
We are very excited to announce the upcoming launch of our ‘Virtual Paddocks’, which will be a classifieds section for Standardbred advertisements. Stay tuned for updates via our email list!